Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Merrillville, IN, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As an Electrical Engineer in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering department and reporting to the Principal Engineering Manager, you will prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge and coordinate with other disciplines and assist Lead Engineer and/or Designer to ensure effective quality product.
What will be your contribution?
- Conduct field investigations when needed, produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with the design; CAD, 3D CAD, etc., to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum 10 years' experience in any of the following; chemical, utility, heavy industry, food/beverage, or pharmaceutical within an engineering firm.
- Manufacturing firm or industrial facility experience is preferred.
- Basic design and construction knowledge is preferred.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SKF Power Tools, Easy Power, Navisworks, 3D CAD or SmartPlant.
- Designing DCS/PLC Panels is preferred.
- Designing instrument loops drawings preferred.
- Microsoft Office Excel and Word experience.