The Joint Venture of SNC Lavalin Nuclear and Aecon was formed in 2013 to support the 12.8 Billion-dollar Darlington refurbishment. The Joint Venture was rebranded under a single unified name CanAtom in 2018. The goal of CanAtom is to strengthen our project delivery and ensure we are functionally aligned as a single and cohesive EPC team. The joint venture was awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out multiple projects at the Darlington Nuclear Generating Station, including a Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project, a Turbine Generator Refurbishment (TGR) project and an Extended Services Master Services Agreement (ESMSA) with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) for projects at both the Pickering & Darlington Nuclear Generating Stations.
- Conduct Electrical design and technical analysis of assigned Electrical engineering scope
- Complete technical reviews; which includes peer/interdisciplinary/client reviews
- Prepare the assigned Engineering Change packages in accordance with Ontario Power Generation
- Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes
- Interface with Clients; attend site visits and meetings
- Interface with Vendors
- Ensure timely project delivery in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures and established project quality plans and performance criteria
- Responsible for own performance in terms of quality, budget and schedule
- Provide field engineering support for installation and commissioning as required
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers and designers
- Support the Discipline Lead with timely updates to engineering progress and performance
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an Engineer/Procure/Construct environment
- Working knowledge in the areas of electrical power generation equipment (i.e. generator, stator, excitation, auxiliaries, main output, cranes), electrical power distribution (permanent and temporary), electrical protection and coordination, electrical equipment specification and sizing, grounding, electrical room layouts, cable sizing and layout, lighting and emergency lighting, wiring
- Previous work experience at Ontario Power Generation or Bruce Power is preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing or eligible to register as a member of PEO
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and other relevant industry codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, IEC)
- Experience in high hazard Industries (Nuclear, Conventional Power, Oil & Gas)
- Experience in field engineering and construction support
- Knowledge of analytical and design computer programs (e.g. ETAP, EDSA)
- Experience with external Suppliers or Vendors
- Experience in a project team oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Eligible for Canadian Security Clearance
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
This is an excellent learning environment with great opportunities to improve your skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.