Our Nuclear Division is looking for an Electrical Engineer to be part of our project with Ontario Power Generation (OPG).
- Conduct electrical design and technical analysis of assigned Electrical engineering scope.
- Complete technical reviews which includes peer/interdisciplinary/client reviews.
- Prepare the assigned Engineering Change packages in accordance with Ontario Power Generation Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes.
- Ensure timely project delivery in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures and established project quality plans and performance criteria.
- Responsible for own performance in terms of quality, budget and schedule.
- Provide field engineering support for installation and commissioning as required.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers and designers.
- Support the Discipline Lead with timely updates to engineering progress and performance.
- Interface with Clients and Vendors.
- Attend site visits and meetings.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within EPC (Engineering/Procurement/Construction) environment.
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
1. Electrical power generation equipment (i.e. generator, stator, excitation, auxiliaries,
main output, cranes);
2. Electrical power distribution (permanent and temporary);
3. Electrical protection and coordination;
4. Electrical equipment specification and sizing;
6. Electrical room layouts;
7. Cable sizing and layouts;
8. Lighting and emergency lighting;
- Previous work experience at Ontario Power Generation or Bruce Power is preferred;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing or eligible to register as a member of PEO;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and other relevant industry codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, IEC);
- Experience in high hazard Industries (Nuclear, Conventional Power, Oil& Gas);
- Experience in field engineering and construction support;
- Knowledge of analytical and design computer programs (e.g. ETAP, EDSA);
- Experience with external Suppliers or Vendors;
- Experience in a project team-oriented environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Eligible for Canadian Security Clearance.
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs