Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering group. It has been providing a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since 1967.
Its expertise is applicable to both CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) technology.
Our expertise include: Balance of Nuclear Steam Plant (BNSP), Balance of Plant (BOP), Heavy Water Plants (HWR), Plant Life Management and Extension, Steam Generator Replacement, Metrology and Spatial Analysis, Refurbishments and Retrofits, Environmental Qualification, Nuclear Plant decommissioning, Waste Management and associated audits, and Nuclear Research facilities.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc is also a leader in the Canadian Nuclear Association (CNA), the Organization of CANDU Industries (OCI). SNC-LAVALIN NUCLEAR is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc.
Our Nuclear Division is looking for an Electrical Engineer to be part of our Port Elgin Office in the Bruce County.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conduct electrical design and technical analysis of assigned Electrical engineering scope;
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers and designers;
- Prepare the assigned Engineering Change packages in accordance with Bruce Power Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes;
- Interface with Bruce Power representatives; attend site visits and meetings;
- Interface with Vendors;
- Ensure timely project delivery in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, procedures and established project quality plans and performance criteria;
- Responsible for own performance in terms of quality, budget and schedule;
- Support the Supervisor with timely updates to engineering progress and performance.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an Engineer/Procure/Construct environment;
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
- Electrical power distribution;
- Standby power supply;
- Uninterruptible power supply;
- Electrical protection and coordination;
- Electrical equipment specification and installation;
- Lightning protection;
- Building Electrical services;
- Electrical room layouts;
- Power cable sizing and selection;
- Cable raceways;
- Cathodic protection;
- Electrical heat tracing.
- Previous work experience at Bruce Power is preferred;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing;
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code and other relevant industry codes and standards (CSA, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI);
- Experience in high hazard Industries (Nuclear, Conventional Power, Oil& Gas);
- Knowledge of analytical and design computer programs (e.g. ETAP, EDSA, CYME);
- Experience with external Suppliers or Vendors;
- Experience in a project team-oriented environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Eligible for Canadian Security Clearance.
- Travel as necessary to Bruce NGS Site and Vendor facilities
- Attending Site visits and field walk downs
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs