Why join us?
Our Mexico Team is growing! The Electrical Engineer provides project management and technical support for the design and site utilities work, Medium voltage power feeders, substation transformer, main power substation, low voltage (1000 V – 50V) power, cable trays/conduits, emergency power, lighting, lightning protection, access control, intrusion detection, video monitoring, fire alarm and detection. This position is located at our client’s project site in Leon, Mexico. This is an IMMEDIATE need with active interviews currently taking place. Must be a Mexican Citizen and fluent in Spanish and English.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould has been ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992.
In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Participate in the analysis of contractor proposals as part of the Company Design Team under the direction of the Design leader.
- Conduct analysis and provide reports concerning the proposed technical solutions, costs, staffing plan, completion schedule, permitting plans, and other details provided by each contractor.
- Provide a risk analysis for the technical concepts for all systems and equipment.
- Propose a system to evaluate and grade the proposals. Complete the evaluation of the proposals and provide a recommendation for the best proposal.
- Assist Company with change management by evaluating technical solutions, completing estimates, providing a risk analysis and supporting the procurement manager as needed with information.
- Review material and construction packages with the contractors prior to issue. Provide a report concerning the quality of the package and adherence to the contract requirements.
- Review the top responses to each procurement package. Provide a report concerning the quality of the package and adherence to the contract requirements.
- Review material and equipment shop drawings after review by the contractors. Provide a report concerning the adherence to the contract requirements.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings and provide input and comments to the meeting to add value to the construction process.
- Take residence at the project construction site and work with the contractors on a daily basis.
- Determine a construction materials testing program in sync with the construction activity. Quality testing concerning for all electrical system must be considered in the testing plan.
- Manage the on-site operations of the quality test technicians who will execute the quality testing plan.
- All activities will have an initial inspection conducted per the pre-construction meeting. Witness the work and approve of the methods and the final result. Work with the contractor to remedy any deficient items.
- After initial inspection and approval of method and results confirm that all work will match the initial inspection requirements. Monitor and observe the quality of the work and drive corrections and punch list process to achieve the correct level of quality.
- Make observations concerning the work methods, equipment, rigging, etc used on site by the contractor. Record violations of Company rules, regulations, good practices. Make corrections as necessary in the field. Special focus shall be made on fall protection, rigging, and welding.
- Track system installation versus major milestones and identify conflicts and risks of late milestone completion.
- Answer RFI’s, evaluate Change Orders as delegated by the electrical leader. Participate in review with Company Project Team.
- Attend weekly contractor meeting and weekly safety meeting
- Evaluate the design documents and make acceptance files in accordance with Company direction.
- Ensure the contractor develops a punch list and corrects all items in preparation for building acceptance.
- Inspect the completed areas and record acceptance or non-acceptance on the documents. Drive the contractor to complete the non-accepted items to meeting the contract completion dates.
- Prepare bid packages for completion of defective work if not completed timely by the contractor. Manage these contracts in design and construction to comply with the project requirements.
- Coordinate with Company Construction, safety, environmental, and maintenance and include their representatives and comments in the final acceptance process and documents. Verify as built drawings. Check all drawings against physical installation. Note items where the as built is not correct and drive the contractors to properly complete the as built drawings.
How will you contribute to the team?
- BS Electrical Engineering for Design and Procurement Phases with 10+ years of experience on industrial projects. Degree or Significant Experience for Industrial Construction and acceptance phases 10+ years of experience with degree or 15+ years of experience with field supervision on industrial projects.
- Professional Engineering License is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and project management ability.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication including Spanish and English language.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision and the ability to suggest and implement ideas to bring value to the team.
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, communication, and planning skills required.
- Complete training programs and demonstrate understanding of the Company safety rules.
- Software Proficiency Requirements: Microsoft Excel, Project, Word.
- Completed 30 hour OSHA safety training or country equivalent.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude by treating each person with respect on the job.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs