Our company Faithful+Gould (www.fgould.com) is an integrated project and programme management consultancy. It supports clients with the management and programmes of varying types of construction projects, with offices across Asia, Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Subcontinent and Australia. Our office locations are complemented by those of our Parent group SNC-Lavalin enabling us to draw on an international knowledge base in delivering the next project to our large and extensive client base. In Faithful+Gould, we provide more than just a job, we believe we offer an exciting change of professional lifestyle and career development.
In our Singapore operations, we currently provide a range of project management services to International Corporations and Government entities such as the following:
• Strategic Project Definition and Advisory Services;
• Client Representative Services;
• Due Diligence studies;
• Cost and Budget Review;
• Planning and Programme Management;
• Project Management;
• Move Management;
• Design Management;
• Procurement Management; and
• Construction Management.
Faithful+Gould (Singapore) is currently looking for an Assistant Power Manager to join our Singapore Team. The appointee is responsible in providing the knowledge, technical, professional skill and support to specific projects as assigned to ensure the desired project objectives are delivered.
This position requires all round professional ability and have self-motivation. Besides being technically competent in power and electrical discipline, the candidate will need to have an appreciation of other electrical and mechanical disciplines such as lighting, tele-communication and air-conditioning etc.
You will be required to support the Power and Comms Manager on all related works with interfaces to electrical matters, direct meetings, introduce wider discussion and be responsible for those tasks assigned to you by your line manager and members of the project team.
You will also be required to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
The role will include but not be limited to the following key functions:
• Liaising with the client to ensure all client requirements related to power and electricity are met, in accordance with company procedures.
• Managing all power and electrical contractors to ensure all works are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality.
• Understanding of Authorities’ requirements such as EMA, BCA, URA etc.
• Interfacing with colleagues, stakeholders and other contractors on electrical requirements and coordination of the works.
• Working as a team to ensure that works are carried out efficiently with tasks completed correctly.
• Assist in procurement/contract administration activities, including but not limited to preparing technical specifications, reviewing and analysing technical and cost submissions, preparing reports, negotiating with tenderers/contractors, chairing and writing minutes, administering awarded contracts and closing final accounts for awarded contracts.
• Estimation, review and tracking of cost movements for design change proposals/ options and ensuring that the commercial risks (financial and professionally) to which company is exposed are minimized.
• Progress claims assessment, certification, registering and tracking. Including relevant site inspections to verify quality and quantum of work complete.
• Support the team in annual budgeting process, variation forecasting, assessment, negotiation and reporting.
• Responsible for checking of all documents prepared by him/her to ensure factual correctness and that quality standards are maintained.
• Working with the contractors, client and colleagues with the development and implementation of a project or programme management framework, including active participation with the necessary review processes as required;
• Applying quality management principles and processes;
• Applying risk assessment and management principles and processes.
• Chair and attend meetings and provide information relating to project costs, procurement and contract administration.
• Providing miscellaneous ad hoc duties as required.
• Have a minimum of eight (8) years local work experience in the construction industry, particularly in the power and electrical field, with technical knowledge of power, and electrical systems from either an engineering or contractor background, preferably with project management experience.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in design, application and review of power, electrical and lighting engineering.
• Be able to work unsupervised or with limited supervision to initiate and follow up with tasks without instruction.
• Have an eye for detail; accuracy and attention to detail in all work and show initiative in developing new ideas.
• Ability to identify problems, formulate solutions and implement actions effectively.
• Have strong analytical, research and negotiation skills, strong contractual knowledge including reading contractual terminology.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to deal professionally and confidently with a diverse range of people at all levels.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, tender documents, minutes, correspondences, procedures, processes and forms.
• Sound literacy in computer software, including the Microsoft Office range.
• Flexibility and ability to work with different areas of the business (event management, project management, procurement and contract administration).
• Punctuality with attendance and with delivering tasks on time.
• Positive attitude and capacity to motivate others.
• A willingness to work overtime, especially closer to the event.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs