Electrical Engineer - Rail
Electrical Engineer - Rail
SNC-Lavalin has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services and we are seeking to compliment the group with an Electrical Engineer in our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) business.
As a Senior or Principal Consultant in our Vehicle Services team you will be accountable for supporting the delivery of exceptional consulting services and for supporting strong client relationships within the Rail and Transport industry.
You will need to be confident directing, driving and problem solving for a variety of rail and rolling stock projects. We would like you to be keen to take on new challenges, be enthusiastic and have proven experience.
- Providing technical and specialist engineering guidance and expertise on rollingstock and/or light rail
- Manage all aspects of relevant consultancy assignments undertaken for clients including allocation, estimating, tendering, planning, execution and close out.
- Prepare responses to ‘Requests for Tender’ and other bidding opportunities.
- Develop strong client relationships and contribute to the development of the Vehicle Services team
- Contribute to the company’s Innovation program.
- Support the professional development of less experienced consultants.
Skills and Experience
- Electrical Engineering degree and more than 6 years’ experience and Chartered Engineer status preferred;
- Experience in rail signalling, including rolling stock testing viewed favourably.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the rail industry (Australian market industry preferred);
- Experience in the design and manufacture of rolling stock;
- Experience in rolling stock systems engineering;
- Experience in working in either a new-build or operational / service environment;
- Specialist knowledge of one or more rolling stock disciplines (e.g. traction systems, train control systems, etc.)
- Have a willingness to pursue Continuous Professional Development.
Why Join our team?
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs