Electrical Engineer (Student - 4months)
Electrical Engineer (Student - 4months)
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following.
The Electrical Engineer (Engineer-in-Training) will report to the Project Manager and Electrical Department Head who will provide supervision for the electrical design work that includes the following:
- Preparation of electrical single line diagrams, AC control schematics, wiring distribution schemes, panel schedules.
- Development of cable block diagrams and cable and conduit schedules.
- Design of physical layout of electrical equipment, raceway and grounding plans related to the various facilities within the plant.
- Preparation of cable and raceway routing layouts.
- Arc Flash calculations and label preparation.
- Work on reports.
- Perform site visits.
- Design and development of electric heat tracing systems.
- Perform drafting / drawing tasks using AutoCAD.
- Perform design work in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code.
What will you contribute?
- Completion of an Electrical Engineering degree program.
- Registration or eligible to be registered with APEGM.
- Must have a good attitude and good work ethic.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Previous electrical design work experience in heavy industrial and/or mining projects is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience in a consulting environment is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience with AutoCAD is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Experience with PLC programming is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Knowledge and application of the Canadian electrical code is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a range of other potential benefits.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible workplace.
- Learning and development programs, training.
- Long-term career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Local Candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs