Electrical Engineer, Transportation and Infrastructure
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto and reports to the Engineering, Design, Project Management Group. It is responsible for design and project management of transportation-infrastructure systems locally and across Canada.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage junior engineers/designers in their work in preparing contract packages, quantity take-offs, specifications, etc.
- Provide guidance, education and any other assistance as needed to staff
- Review electrical layout plans, schematics, details, specifications, etc. prepared by the design staff and provide redline mark-up and/or instruction when required to advance the design
- Seal final engineering design drawings
- Very knowledgeable in roadway illumination and traffic signal systems design
- Proficient in contract specification work and contract preparation
- Prepare project budgets and be responsible for monitoring the budgets for each project assigned
- Prepare proposal technical and financial submissions for bids on electrical assignments or the electrical component of a larger infrastructure assignment
- Aid in the field during construction as needed to address the intent of the design
- Source out any potential new assignments from various clients in anticipation of expressions of interest or requests for bids
- Participation in client meetings to present/defend design
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Comfortable with computer systems and software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willing to conduct occasional site visits for short periods of time.
- Proactive detailed oriented and have a good knowledge of planning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with client, subcontractors and staff at all levels.
- Proficient with standard industry software including Word, Excel and Power Point. CAD and Lighting calculation software an asset.
What will you contribute?
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in the electrical design of roads and bridges
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- P.Eng licensed with PEO
- Ability to work in a team environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with MTO and GTAA municipalities
- Experience with traffic signals and/or roadway illumination
- Demonstrated experience in AutoCAD and Micro Station, as well as familiarity with Ontario Provincial and Municipal standards for drawings as well as CADD standards for differing clients
- Experience with Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an asset, as well as experience with other system designs
- Proficient in reading and writing in the English language
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles