Electrical Engineer, Transportation and Infrastructure
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
We are presently looking for an Electrical Engineer with the experience in transportation and infrastructure to provide design and technical expertise to our dynamic highways and bridges group.
- Manage junior engineers/designers in their work in preparing contract packages, quantity take-offs, specifications, etc.
- Provide guidance, education and any other assistance as needed to staff
- Review electrical layout plans, schematics, details, specifications, etc. prepared by the design staff and provide redline mark-up and/or instruction when required to advance the design
- Seal final engineering design drawings
- Very knowledgeable in roadway illumination and traffic signal systems design
- Proficient in contract specification work and contract preparation
- Prepare project budgets and be responsible for monitoring the budgets for each project assigned
- Prepare proposal technical and financial submissions for bids on electrical assignments or the electrical component of a larger infrastructure assignment
- Provide assistance in the field during construction as needed to address the intent of the design
- Source out any potential new assignments from various clients in anticipation of expressions of interest or requests for bids
- Participation in client meetings to present/defend design
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in the electrical design of roads and bridges
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- P.Eng licensed with PEO
- Ability to work in a team environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with MTO and GTAA municipalities
- Experience with traffic signals and/or roadway illumination
- Demonstrated experience in AutoCAD and Micro Station, as well as familiarity with Ontario Provincial and Municipal standards for drawings as well as CADD standards for differing clients
- Experience with Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is an asset, as well as experience with other system designs
- Proficient in reading and writing in the English language
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles