Electrical Engineering Technologist
SNC-Lavalin Inc is seeking a Electrical Engineering Technologist / Revit Operator for our Infrastructure Engineering team out of our Halifax, NS office. Seize an opportunity to have an impact working on a variety of projects that continue to improve not only Nova Scotia and Atlantic Infrastructure, but have the ability to be a part of major projects taking place across Canada (see Trillium and the recently announced Réseau express métropolitain).
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. The three pillars of Safety, Ethics and Quality are paramount and the ideal candidate will be outstanding in each of these areas. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
This position will include a broad range of consulting tasks. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including engineers, subcontractors and clients.
- Electrical design and drafting;
- Coordination and preparation of project specifications;
- Technical report writing;
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering difficulties and coordinating work schedules;
- Ensuring design work interfaces with that of other disciplines;
- Contributing to the planning and scheduling of work to achieve prescribed objectives;
- Contributing to project controls and preparation of progress reports;
- Providing construction cost estimates;
- Reviewing substitutions in materials;
- Consulting with other departments, suppliers and contractors to clarify specifications;
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments and estimating their impacts;
- Technical research related to electrical systems and materials;
- Participating in technical studies and creation of reports;
- Providing construction phase services, e.g. shop drawings review, site inspections, etc.; and
- Project specific roles to be determined by department and project managers.
- Graduate in electrical engineering program;
- Registration or eligibility to register as a CET;
- Good understanding of engineering disciplines and knowledge of reciprocal effects of work upon other disciplines/fields;
- Understanding of contracting process for construction projects;
- Good understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria; and
- Proficiency in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques.
- Experience in electrical design and analysis, including use of engineering software;
- Proficient with the use of MS Office Suite and AutoCAD;
- Working knowledge of Revit will be considered as an asset;
- Eligible Candidate for CISD Level II (SECRET) Clearance (requires fingerprinting).
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Should you be interested, please apply online.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles