Electrical Engineers (6-month contract)
Electrical Engineers (6-month contract)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Electrical Engineer (6-month contract)
Why join us?
Our Nuclear Division is looking for Electrical Engineers (6-month contract) to be part of our project with Ontario Power Generation (OPG).
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare or review design deliverables (e.g. load list, single line diagrams, installation details, location drawings, control diagrams, block diagrams, fuse datasheets, electrical power studies, evaluation of design alternatives, equipment sizing and bill of materials);
- Perform electrical design and analysis, equipment protection and selection of electrical equipment;
- Prepare or review material requisitions (Purchase Requisitions and Engineering Quotation Requests) as well as Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Review vendor designs and procedures for compliance with Technical Specifications and applicable industry standards and guidelines;
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests;
- Provide installation and commissioning support;
- Interface with multi-disciplinary / cross-functional project teams;
- Ensure the quality, consistency, accuracy, and completeness of engineering deliverables;
- Deliver on all technical engineering deliverables/tasks within specified timelines and budgets;
- Apply SLN Operating Procedures consistently;
- Ensure compliance with applicable Codes, Standards and Regulations including applicable CSA, CNSC,
- IEEE and client (OPG) relevant design standards and guides.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing;
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards, including Canadian Electrical Code and Ontario Electrical Safety Code;
- Detailed understanding of plant system design with specialized knowledge in specific areas of Electrical design for Power Distribution, Standby Power, UPS, Grounding and Building Electrical systems;
- Strong verbal and writing skills (in English), with past experience in preparing reports and engineering specifications;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical aptitude;
- Good skills in time management;
- Eligible for Security Clearance through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC);
- Previous working experience in design and procurement support of CANDU Nuclear Power Plant Electrical Systems;
- Detailed understanding of client (OPG) specific Engineering Change Control process and governance procedures;
- Working knowledge, with active access rights, to client (OPG) Asset Suite, On-Line Wiring (OLW), Master Equipment List (MEL) and Power Supply List (PSL);
- Valid OPG Security Clearance and orange badge qualification.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs