Electrical Estimator - O&G
- Provide overall estimating technical expertise and coordinates activities as group/unit leader when required
- Provide professional expertise in the resolution of complex estimating problems
- Prepare multi-discipline, conceptual and definitive cost estimates for Capital Projects
- Review estimates prepared by other estimators (II, III and IV level) to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the scope of work, including those developed by contractor, that may need revising to reflect construction practices in the Kingdom
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations
- Advise lower level estimators of company estimating methods/procedures and provides estimate breakdown direction
- Keep abreast of significant developments in cost estimating by close review of technical literature, contacts with contractors, visit to areas of construction and attendance at professional and technical meetings
- Utilizes computer-estimating programs (ACCE “K-Base", MS project, excel, timberline, etc.).
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Regular interactions with Project Manager/ Project Controls manager
- Engineering disciplines, Quality and Procurement Functions
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for the progress control and reporting
- Has high visibility to Saudi Aramco stakeholders
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; know when to seek advice
- Candidates should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in estimating oil and gas project activities, including at least 5 years Electrical & Instrumentation facilities experience.
- Candidate must be familiar with construction practices, materials and equipment.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles