Electrical Inspector (Omani National)
Note - We are currently pending award on several significant projects. Should we be awarded, this position is key role. Consequently we are keen to speak to individuals in the market place with the experience listed below for such potential future programmes of work
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare requisition, specifications and review vendors’ documents and co-ordinate works between vendors and other discipline engineers within the organization
- Chair meetings with specialists contractors & vendors,
- prepare & issue minutes of Meetings and coordinate follow-up actions
- Provide input to weekly and monthly progress reports
- Coordinate between contractors and designer on technical aspects /RFI’s Provide relevant input to project planning/scheduling and cost controls reporting
- Undertake site inspections and attend testing and commissioning for validation of system and procedures
- Process inspection regime and track performance of contractors QA/QC
- Ensuring Contractors compliance with Contract documentation
- Recognized Degree in electrical background with at least 5+ years experience in both design and construction aspects of land development infrastructure projects
- Must have had previous experience in supervisory role in electrical & instrumentation installation testing and commissioning of process and utility equipment
- Must have experience of High, Medium and Low voltage power supply/distribution, SCADA and DCS installation works to specified quality standards and controlling quality of the works
- Familiar with hardware and software installation, testing and commissioning of all controls systems such BMS
- Familiar with the requirement of International Codes and Standards, such as API, ASME, BS, ANSI, etc
- Good knowledge of process flow and control instrumentation, calibration, testing and the related documentation
- Preference will be an Omani National or an expat with NOC with in country.
Salary and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.