Electrical Maintenance Technician
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our team in Aiken, SC.
- Works from maintenance instructions, work orders, maintenance manuals and supervisor direction.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on facility Electrical equipment.
- Uses electrical test equipment
- Uses basic hand tools
- Performs troubleshooting tasks on electrical equipment.
- Completes work history and maintains log entries in the computerized maintenance management system
- Basic Written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to pass WorkKeys® examinations for Applied Mathematics, Locating Information and Reading for Information • Normal Vision (with or without correction)
- Ability to understand and apply health and safety information
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to comprehend procedure and work package instructions as applicable
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions and environments where there is exposure to noise, chemicals, and mechanical and electrical hazards
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and wear a respirator
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2 – 4 years of related experience in electrical maintenance
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.