Join us, and you’ll be a part of a diverse, ambitious business with a strong team spirit.
For more than 40 years in Australia, our people have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning, end-to-end projects. Our multi-disciplinary teams push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and clean power.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our high performing team on Stockyard Hill Windfarm Project in Ballarat, Victoria. Preference would be to residents of the local area but LAHA will be made available. Hours of work is 56hrs/wk, Mon to Fri 10 hours, Saturday 6 hours.
- Utilising your industrial/construction electrical experience to ensure tasks are completed safely and efficiently;
- Assemble electrical components as per site drawings;
- Construction and installation of cable ladder and tray, brackets and cabling;
- Installation of lighting, electrical monitoring devices and some signalling;
- Terminations (mainly LV) and initial verification testing;
- Show high regard for personal safety and the safety of workmates, ensuring your work area is tidy and free of hazards; and
- Supervise trades assistants or apprentices particularly in relation to workmanship and safety practices.
- Victorian A grade electrical licence.
- Valid Drivers license
- Construction White Card
Desired but not essential:
- WorkSafe High Risk Licence (EWP >11mts);
- EWP Yellow Card (Scissor Lift <11mts)< li>
- Safe Working at Heights (nationally accredited and completed within the previous 24 months);
- Industrial construction experience;
- Experience in HV Switch yards
- Commissioning Experience
- Terminating, installation and testing experience in the industrial construction industry;
- Experience in cable pull and installation of cable ladder/tray.
- Inclusive and supportive workplace
- Excellent hourly rate
- Attractive roster
- PPE provided
- Gain valuable experience on a major contract and get your foot in the door with a global organisation!
How to apply:
Aboriginal and Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All candidates must have Australian Working Rights.
Please apply online. Applications close on Sunday 29/09/2019 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date.
Why join our SNC-Lavalin team
Located in 13 countries across the Asia Pacific region, SNC-Lavalin and our people have worked, and continue to work, on some of the region’s most iconic projects such as the Chevron-operated Gorgon project, the Ichthys project, Shells’ offshore Prelude project and Woodsides Pluto project. Our experience in the Asia Pacific market is backed by the worldwide expertise of our people in the UK & Europe, Middle East, and Americas. So, a career with us also opens up a world of possibilities. You may collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. You’ll work alongside some of the leaders in your field, with opportunities to reach your potential through training and professional development.
Our Latest Articles