Electrification ETE Design and Construction Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At Atkins we support our clients in the rail industry to realise their vision and achieve success from their capital investment programmes. We deliver transportation solutions across the UK and around the world. In rail, from excellence in engineering design, infrastructure and rail vehicles, to programme management of multidiscipline investment projects, we provide customers with services covering every aspect of rail operations.
Atkins are playing a key part in resignalling and electrifying the UK railway network, having recently been successful in securing work on a number major schemes.In particular we are delivering large resignalling schemes in the south of England requiring significant 3rd rail DC electrification design.
We are seeking a rail professional to act in the role of Electrification ETE Design Engineer. The successful candidate will sit within our Electrification Business and will ensure the successful design and delivery of electrification work packages into a number of major re-signalling framework programmes.
We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success. This role will provide a varied workload both in a design office environment coupled with on-site works allowing you to extend yourself in order to reach your potential. Your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver electrification work package design into integrated re-signalling scheme programmes
• Scope includes: conductor rail design, conventional and enhanced negative bonding design
• Support the Senior ETE Design Engineer as required to deliver ETE design to a high standard
• Support the ETE Construction Team to carry out ETE construction on site and in a depot environment
• Proactively resolving ETE design and installation issues
• Carry out site surveys
• Essential to have a good understanding of ETE Design and Construction;
• Support of on-site installation activities
• Maintaining a good understanding of Atkins business standards of safety, quality and design
• Be willing to further develop their ETE design and construction skills.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to develop in UK rail electrification project delivery and understand how electrification interfaces with other disciplines, particularly signalling. The candidate should have drive and enthusiasm with good verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a team. Additionally the successful candidate will have a flexible approach to work and be prepared to travel to project and design offices, depots and sites at a number of locations within the UK.
The individual will be principally office based but will be expected to assist the ETE Senior Design Engineer and the ETE Construction Manager on site
• Technical –Experience of carrying out railway electrification ETE design. Competent in Microstation CAD and able to produce ETE designs in CAD. Will have a good understanding of Network Rail ETE design standards. Will have a good appreciation of how electrification and signalling disciplines integrate.
• Previous site based experience is desirable. Advantageous if obtained in rail or construction environment.
• Experience of project supervision/supervision of sub-contractors is desirable
• Experience of ETE installation standards is required.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
• Computer Literate, Word, Excel, E-Mail
• Competent in the use of Microstation
• Able and willing to drive
• GCSE/ O Level Maths & English (or equivalent)
• Engineering qualifications (i.e. HND / HNC) or equivalent
• Ideally will be a COSS/SWL
Willing to work away from home.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles