Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high-profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
We are now seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer to be based in our Glasgow office to support the ongoing expansion of business opportunities within the strategic highways and local transport markets within Scotland and across the rest of the UK.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians and other professionals, you will be responsible for the delivery of highway designs including producing 3D models, drawings, reports and specifications to relevant standards.
Your experience should demonstrate the successful design of projects meeting programme and budgets targets. Your communication skills and teamwork should be excellent, and you should be self-motivated and able to support project managers and senior engineers in delivering projects.
- Supporting the Project Team in designing highway schemes.
- Preparing 3D models and scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design.
- Utilising 3-D design packages such as Civil3D and/or OpenRoads.
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Co-ordinating the highway design process and integrating with other design disciplines within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines.
- A Chartered or near Chartered Civil Engineer, with a degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
Essential Criteria –
- Appropriate previous experience of working in this field.
- Ability to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
- Ability to work collaboratively and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams or work independently.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civil3D.
- Experienced in preparing drawings, reports and specifications.
Desirable Criteria –
- Qualified Road Safety Auditor (Team Member / Observer).
- Experience of drainage design.
- Project Management experience and qualifications.
- Use of MS Office, including working knowledge of MS Project.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use your initiative and have a desire to improve your technical capabilities.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst working to demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be well organised with good time management skills.
- Supportive approach to less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
We encourage career progression within Atkins and would expect to work with you in developing your career aspirations through staff appraisal, offering a range of opportunities and appropriate training designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one o
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs