Engineer -Offshore Structures
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Energy business has been operating for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. These are critical times in how the world generates and uses Energy. Our Design and Engineering teams are key to the multi-disciplinary design and assurance services that we provide to our Clients in the Renewables, Conventional Generation, Oil & Gas, Energy from Waste, Energy Storage and Petrochemical Markets.
A growing workload within the Offshore Wind business is providing exciting opportunities to work within large multi-disciplinary teams delivering complex, innovative solutions. In this role, you will work primarily with the Offshore Wind Team as part of a workshare programme with the UK offices, involved in the technical delivery of multi-discipline Projects to the Energy Sector.
Within the oil and gas division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e. maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. Having worked on 1,000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operators’ ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges in engineering, operations, life extension and ultimately decommissioning which is expected to be a growing market. Our structural Oil & Gas team works on some of the most exciting and varied projects in onshore and offshore Oil and Gas sector, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of topsides and subsea structures of fixed and floating assets, and decommissioning.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead technical delivery teams.
- Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of future business.
- You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse teams.
- An engineering degree, honors or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes of offshore structures.
- Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SACS/SESAM software.
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
- Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
- Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
- Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
- Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
- Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
- Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
- Chartered status with a recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
• Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required with opportunities for international travel
SNCL develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in SNCL believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.