Engineer (Rivers, Dams and Maritime Practice)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as an Engineer, helping shape the future of Atkins’ rivers, dams and maritime business? The role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Engineer with strengths in maritime or coastal engineering.
- Experience in engineering design, contract documentation and construction supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- Have a valid UK driving licence and be available to travel.
- Delivering calculations, designs and project documents (specification, reports, technical notes etc).
- Assist in the preparation of bids to commercial and competitive standards.
- To maintain excellent professional relationships which can lead to repeat business.
- Take ownership for the quality of project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
- Liaise with and support others across the wider UK and international markets.
- Highly agile and self-motivated towards improving team and personal performance.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Good reputation for excellent technical performance in challenging environments.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins develops individuals through the ‘My Career’ portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a range of benefits through the ‘My Rewards’ packages, which can be selected annually. Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Our Latest Articles