Engineering CAD Technician - Structures (Highways/Railways) (Roles are Open Across UK)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
Atkins has a vision to shape the future, to lead where others will follow and to engineer the future of mobility today through Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation. Atkins is the first to achieve BIM level 2 accreditation.
The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management for the design and delivery of highway and rail infrastructure projects. Our work ranges from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support. We aim to be the first-choice designer for local and national authorities, contractors and developers.
We are working on many high-profile projects and frameworks nationwide, with both national and local authorities and contractors. For example our portfolio includes the Cambridge to Huntingdon A14 upgrade, A9 Dualling, Smart Motorways and Roads Investment Programmes through the CDF for Highways England, HS2, A465 improvements, EGIP Cumbernauld Electrification, Robroyston Station and East West Rail.
The Roles are open for these locations: Warrington
To meet our growth ambitions we are seeking candidates to work in our Rail teams and Highways teams who are able to demonstrate delivery of engineering drawings using relevant CAD and BIM software for multidisciplinary railway and highway design projects. You will work in a dynamic environment as part of a wider team. You will have a background in the UK rail or highway sector together with a track record of successful delivery on either railway or highway engineering design projects.
Our team and our business are continually looking for ways to improve how we meet our clients’ needs. You will be required to adopt a similar flexible approach to working and in particular with regard to digital innovation where training will be provided where appropriate.
• Production of technical drawings using relevant CAD/BIM software
• Assisting with site surveys and other site activities.
• Supporting engineers with the development of design solutions.
• Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner.
• Liaison with Clients and attendance at client meetings
• Responsible for completion of assigned tasks to time and cost.
• Adhering to the company’s Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Ensuring compliance with company CAD and Digital Engineering standards
• Taking responsibility for your own development of new skills.
• A BTEC/HNCor equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering subject.
• Experience of preparing engineering sketches and plans from conception through to construction.
• Robust IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office and relevant CAD software.
• Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes.
• Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location including overseas assignments
• Knowledge of CADS-RC design and detailing software
• Knowledge of structures design standards and Eurocode detailing rules
• Experience of Network Rail civil engineering design and projects.
• Experience of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) Highways Standards.
• Ability to produce drawings containing BIM and 3D information (AECOsim, Civils 3D or REVIT)
• Ability to produce reinforcement bar bending schedules
• Knowledge of Microstation
Flexible Benefits and Training
The health and wellbeing of our staff is paramount, and as such Atkins offers a wide range of flexible benefits for all employees. Benefits include flexible holiday packages, bike4work, corporate gym membership and health insurance discounts and 24h access to our Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support on both personal and work-related issues.
Flexible and part-time working is also a key part of Atkins approach to health and wellbeing, and as such applicants are welcome to discuss their specific working requirements if invited for interview. Full details of our benefits package can be found here:
We develop our individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through annual and mid-year appraisals, supplemented by regular 1-2-1s with line managers. Professional accreditation is also highly valued by our business, and as such when applicable you will be supported through your specific accreditation process by an appropriate mentor.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.