Engineering Delivery Manager
Engineering Delivery Manager
Our Energy Systems business has a diverse portfolio of clients, projects and services supporting both existing assets and the development of new. In addition, the convergence of the Energy market around drivers such as Net Zero mean that we need to continue to evolve our capability, competency and engineering processes to ensure that we maintain a market leading role across sectors by delivering efficiently and competitively.
Our aim is to become a market leader through a reputation for innovation, quality of delivery and excellence, across a range of services including asset management, project development and design and engineering.
As our Engineering Delivery Manager, you will lead our technical and engineering teams and develop and maintain our engineering processes, tools and capability.
Collaboration with our Operations Management, Workstream and Project Leads is essential, and you will therefore enjoy working with others and thrive on working within a collaborative and diverse project and services environment.
About the Project or About the Team
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Delivery Manager to lead our technical and engineering functions and manage our Engineering Processes and Tools. Your principal objective will be to ensure we deliver a cost effective, quality product across our portfolio without compromising on safety.
You will be a key member of our Energy Systems business. Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role, as is flexibility for travel to other locations in the UK and Europe and our multiple office locations will be required so you can work closely with colleagues.
You will be supported by a team of project and technical professionals. Our business is diverse and therefore you will be flexible, adaptable and have a keen interest in leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth, high performing team in an important leadership role.
What you’ll be doing
As Engineering Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary engineering teams across multiple locations
- Development and maintenance of Engineering processes required to deliver services across our portfolio
- Development of engineering tools, required to support existing and emerging works
- Development and maintenance of an offshoring delivery model for strategic design and engineering works
- Development of our digital engineering capability ensuring that we deliver our services efficiently without compromise on quality and safety
- Development and implementation of a competency management framework
- Ensuring safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives within the engineering and technical functions of the business can be met
- Technical Delivery, Governance and Assurance across our client portfolio
- Converting business objectives into performance objectives for our technical staff
- Management of inter-discipline and client/Atkins priorities and issues should they arise
- Working with our Operations Manager, Workstream Leads and KAMs to develop detailed resourcing plans required to ensure that business objectives will be achieved over the short, medium and long term, and all project and service lines are resourced
Our portfolio of projects and services are varied in size and nature and will require a range of skills, expertise and experience to deliver. As a key member of our lead team you will also;
- Lead and/or provide guidance and input to strategic bids
- Work with our Workstream Leads and KAMs ensuring capability and competency development within our delivery teams is mapped to current and future market opportunities
You’ll need to have
This post offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to have a leading role in the Atkins Energy Systems business.
You’ll have excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage internal and external relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead the delivery of strategic work initiatives required to achieve our growth plans. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of our future business.
- Be flexible, adaptable and have a keen interest in working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Have worked on a variety of projects and be able to demonstrate where you have used both technical and leadership abilities to deliver to successful completion.
- Have a proven track record of delivery of personal and business objectives
- A detailed and thorough understanding of multi-discipline engineering works across and throughout the project lifecycle
- Have awareness of the nuances around developing projects and how we build credibility in new markets.
- Ability to interpret business / market requirements and convert these into resource and competency development plans
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and the wider team and the ability to drive performance objectives through the engineering team
- Delivery focused with excellent understanding of Quality Assurance and Technical Governance.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team.
- Be available to travel across the UK and Europe and work away from home
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This is an exciting time for us, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Europe.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.