Engineering/IT Project Manager
Engineering/IT Project Manager
With us, you're leading transformation.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
As a Consultant IT Project Manager in 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T), you'll be part of our P3M Delivery Practice. In your role, you'll enable organisations to achieve maximum benefits from digital transformation and innovative operations. You'll work directly with clients, identifying, shaping and managing better delivery capabilities. You'll be supported to lead your own work packages or Agile delivery teams across our markets.
Your Purpose/ Role:
- We are looking to attract experienced candidates with a proven delivery and consulting background, emphasising Programme & Project Management within IT Digital, Cyber Security and related disciplines.
- We have IT Project Manager positions available within Atkins ADS&T as part of the continued growth of our Portfolio, Programme and Project Management (P3M) Delivery Practice.
- Many of our clients are challenged with complex stakeholder communities, multi-vendor supply chains and framework driven approvals processes, so excellent client facing consultancy skills as well as proven supply chain management experience is essential.
- Based in our P3M Delivery Practice, you will primarily be leading Multi-disciplinary Atkins IT & Design Teams and our trusted supplier partners, delivering solutions for our clients. A significant part of the Atkins delivery portfolio is involved in supporting our clients to secure and enhance the defence of the public and our nation’s wider interests.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to make a contribution to Practice and Business development. This may include leading bid teams as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients and/or researching potential new markets.
- Atkins has a significant portfolio of work within our government clients in the security and defence sectors, however there many other opportunities in other sectors. Projects could be UK wide and travel may be required for some assignments.
What you can bring?
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
- Team leadership - experience of successfully leading integrated teams to deliver project outputs and programme outcomes. Establish and manage collaborative and collegiate working teams.
- Communication – high emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. High IT literacy being able to communicate with both business and IT teams. Able to communicate with confidence to stakeholders at all levels.
- Flexibility – able to adapt from providing consulting advice to ‘rolling up your sleeves’ to assist clients in delivering key projects and work packages in their portfolio.
- Customer focus & achievement – delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers, exceeds client aspiration and is goal driven.
- Development – wants to continually develop new skills in themselves and others through continuous professional development and other means
- Safety, ethics and integrity – embraces and uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times Advocacy – an ambassador for our wider business at all times.
You will have demonstrable technical experience that covers the following areas of Project Delivery management:
- Proven track record of successful delivery of Projects and Programmes in the public or private sector. Membership of the APM/Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) status is desirable.
- Computer Science or Engineering related Degree with background experience in a technical discipline would be seen as an advantage.
- A Recognised P3M qualification (Prince2, APM P, MoR, MSP), Waterfall, Agile experience & Agile is essential.
- Experience and understanding of delivering IT Systems & Software Development, Cyber Security or Infrastructure programmes and projects in complex environments.
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing and operating Project Governance, Controls and Reporting including Planning, Risks/Issues, benefit management, Finance and Change Management Tools, experience with P6, Microsoft Project, JIRA or similar is desirable.
- Strong commercial awareness with experience of managing to a contract (ideally NEC 3/4 experience) and able to effectively manage Scope and Change both internally and externally.
- Good knowledge of financial processes including project cost control and ability to interpret and report financial data and analysis.
- Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers and their associated contracts, utilising a variety of contracting methods (e.g. T&M, Firm Price).
- Stakeholder and Comms management.
- Experience in the Defence sector is desirable.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs