Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and experience and who can be successful in meeting training and qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for performing their duties.
• Manages the activities, professional development and performance of personnel performing work within their respective department.
• Responsible for the Systems Engineering Program- designating System Engineers and identifying SE training and qualifications.
• Responsible for implementation of the Configuration Management Program, including preparation and review of Engineering documents and drawings, change control, and Integrated Design Reviews of Major Modifications.
• Acts as the Design Authority for new and existing designs and temporary modification sand screens work for control under the modification process. Manages modification equivalency requests including design output. Directs design verification, as needed, and assigns the independent design verification team.
• Responsible for the Engineering Standards Manual, Legacy Item or Service Dedication program, and Equipment Operation Testing.
• Ensures that the “as-constructed” facilities function as required by the technical safety, and quality performance requirements.
• Ensures compliance with applicable Codes, Standards and Orders (ie contractual “List B”) requirements.
• Assures timely and appropriate responses to internal and external assessments and audits within Engineering.
• Provides subject matter experts to support analysis, implementation, and distribution of internal and external operating experience documents.
• Participates in the Project Review Board, ALARA Review Committee, planning/schedule meetings, and resolution of Non-Conformance Reports and Condition Reports. Supports Factory Acceptance Testing, Operation Readiness Reviews, and Readiness Assessments.
• Manages design engineering providers, engineered materials procurement, and related support functions, including Commercial Grade Dedication.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supervisory experience required
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills
• Ability to develop programmatic elements from scratch
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to interface at all levels of organization
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Baccalaureate degree in engineering or related science
• Minimum of 15 years experience, 10 of which is nuclear and 5 of engineering management
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
• US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles