Engineering Manager (Nuclear)
SNC Lavalin’s Nuclear business is one of the world’s leading nuclear solutions providers, with 3,000 professionals operating worldwide.
We provide multidisciplinary support to a very broad range of clients developing nuclear power, operating plants, and to those decommissioning plants.
Atkins (now part of the SNC-Lavalin group) has been supporting the UAE nuclear programme since 2011 as is a trusted partner to the programme, and we have a great ability to make use of our extensive global capabilities (50 countries and 53,000 experts) to ensure the UAE programme remains a model for the world.
Right now, we are looking for someone to lead our engineering work for the UAE nuclear programme.
This will be based in Abu Dhabi, and mostly working at the power plant site itself with occasional working in our Abu Dhabi engineering HQ.
• Technical leadership of the delivery of our work (whether undertaken in UAE or overseas offices)
• Working closely with client engineers to identify scopes of work to solve technical issues
• Involvement in the delivery of work (whether this be consulting advice, calculations, analysis, or the development of programs and processes)
• Growing a multidisciplinary engineering team in Abu Dhabi and mentoring junior engineers
• Actively bringing the right expertise from within our company to help delivery multidisciplinary solutions
• Working to extremely high standards (including ASME NQA-1 QA procedures), and maintain a level of nuclear professionalism at all times
• Degree qualified in a related Mechanical/I&C/Electrical Engineering or Science based discipline;
• At least 10 years commercial PWR nuclear plant experience (analysis, plant operations, power ascension testing, plant modifications, licensing, and/or development or oversight of regulated engineering programs)
• Native written and spoken English