Engineering Project Director
Engineering Project Director
Why join us?
The SNC-Lavalin EDPM Division is actively pursuing the engineering delivery for a large-scale infrastructure projects across Canada. SNC-Lavalin is currently looking for an Engineering Project Director to join the team and be part of our exciting and challenging projects. The Engineering Project Director will direct and manage multi-discipline engineering and architectural design teams to deliver engineering services for large scale infrastructure projects at any phase from planning to delivery
How will you contribute to the team?
- In early phase of the project (Request for qualification, request for proposal), assist the proposal team to deliver a successful proposal, and organize the set-up for the engineering delivery team, including a technical, management and commercial team
- Plan start up and lead design activities in collaboration with the project management team for large scale projects whose construction costs exceeds hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Actively participate in setting up a project execution plan, design management plan, a project schedule in collaboration with the project management team and the planning team.
- Establish the overall budget for the consortium responsible for engineering and ensure that it is followed by the consortium management team and the various partners.
- Lead activities related to the preparation of financial reports required by SNC corporate policies.
- Establish quality standards in collaboration with the various teams in place within the design team consortium and from partners, ensuring that they meet SNC-Lavalin standards. Establish and follow risks in design as well as requirements management and compliance to contractual terms of the contract.
- Ensure fluid communication between the project management team, the design team, the construction team and the various internal and external stakeholders regarding the elements relating to engineering.
- Actively participate in the implementation of project management processes such as Change management.
- Actively participate in negotiations with the client during changes and with suppliers and / or subcontractors when awarding subcontracts.
- Responsible to maintain the overall project budget and schedule
What will you contribute?
- 15-20 years of experience or more in engineering delivery, including more than 5 years in infrastructure projects
- 10 years and more of experience in a project management position of design teams for complex projects of several hundreds of millions of dollars with at least 1 project of more than 500M of construction costs
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team in a Lump-Sum alternative delivery PPP or DB type
- Experience in Owner Engineer mandate would be an asset.
- Experience in delivering engineering under different partnership relations; ie. Joint-Venture, Prime-Sub.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and management of project management processes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the management of multidisciplinary and multi-located teams of professionals
- Ability to work in concert with integrated teams of consultants and subcontractors, located across Canada
- Results oriented mindset and ability to manage multiple priorities as well as use feedback processes to identify improvement opportunities and innovative solutions,
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment and ability to set up strong and efficient work teams.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication as well as in the development and delivery of presentations to Client, Company executives, specialized and non-specialist audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy and an ability to work with limited supervision,
- Available for business trips or temporary relocations within North America.
- Montreal or Quebec City.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. SNC-Lavalin connects people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. Our expertise is wide-ranging — consulting & advisory, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and sustaining capital – and delivered to clients in four strategic sectors: EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear and Resources, supported by Capital. People. Drive. Results. www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs