Engineering Systems Developer
Atkins Infrastructure business has looking to appoint an Engineering Systems Developer to support and lead the technical aspects of Design Automation and Visualisation across a range of projects principally with the Dynamic Objects team supporting a range of major strategic projects across a variety of market sectors.
Atkins is striving to be at the forefront of the Digital revolution that is transforming the way traditional Design and Engineering disciplines work today. You will be part of the team that is leading the way in this revolution, not just within Atkins but within the industry as a whole.
This post will be based out of Belfast where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major ongoing infrastructure projects. You will also work with colleagues across the UK and overseas. Our portfolio of work continues to grow, and we have a number of major opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities.
We will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply and gain knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills as well as growing responsibility. As a specialist Engineering Systems Developer, you would take ownership of certain aspects of a project and be responsible for managing certain project technical staff, reporting upwards to a member of Cybernetics team. You may also be required to spend some time in client’s offices or on site. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development and training for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Undertake a key role within the development of new assets in our Dynamic Objects system.
- Work with other engineers and designers to capture their requirements, understand the current design codes and standards so that we can develop the methods to automate design.
- Work collaboratively with staff in our Global Design Centre in the creation of new assets and parametric parts
- Develop and improve the way in which our current asset creation process operates.
- Develop new functionality for the Dynamic Objects platform.
- Management of tasks and assignments to programme, budget and quality
- People and technical leadership of certain project aspects, delegating to and supervising our more junior engineers and technicians
- Liaison with clients (internal and external) to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
- Helping to prepare tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services with minimal supervision
- Produce cost estimates for the development of new assets and features
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable experience working within an Engineering Design environment.
- Demonstrate a very good competence in Mathematical ability – especially spatial trigonometry
- Independent, relishes chance to use their initiative to devise a strategy to solve a problem themselves and implement it.
- Highly articulate when communicating their strategy or what they are doing.
- C# programmer or experience in another object-oriented language.
- Systematic and sequential in their thoughts.
- Have aptitude for working with data models (abstractions) of objects they cannot physically see.
- Have attention to detail of data (spelling, upper/lower case, precise naming, precise terminology, consistency).
- Highly organised.
- Ability to work independently and as part of geographically dispersed teams
- CAD proficient (Autodesk Inventor a bonus)
Our Latest Articles