Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such as widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Support Technician to join us to work in Leatherhead.
Your responsibilities will include:
Assist the Engineering team in the delivery of works packages
- Manage Statutory Undertakers requests and allocate searches to other members of the Engineering Team. Ensure they are completed on time.
- Undertake Statutory Undertakers searches (C2 / C3 enquiries).
- Undertake road space bookings on behalf of the Engineering team.
- Prepare Traffic Management Plans, diversion routes and organise Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders with Highways England and Local Councils.
- Promote good relationships with Stakeholders in the coordination and approval of Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Assist the engineers in carrying out site surveys on the network.
- Upload documents and drawings to a Collaboration Website (Aconex.)
- Report on performance against programme and targets to line manager.
- Create and maintain leave cards and records and other administrative duties to support the team.
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
- Good organisational and administrative skills
Personal Qualities and Experience
· Hold or studying for vocational qualification in Construction or Engineering.
· Full UK driving licence or licenced to drive in the UK by reciprocal agreement.
· Experience of working on a highway maintenance contract.
· Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of highway related design areas.
· Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
· Consultation experience with Highways England, Local Councils, Emergency Services, or the public.
· Enthusiasm and results focused with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Ability to work well in team.
· Ability to develop relationships and engender trust at all levels of the Connect Plus Services organisation and with Clients.