Engineering Technology Co-op Student
Engineering Technology Co-op Student
Why join us?
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technology Co-op Student(s) from either the Civil or Environmental Engineering Technology programs for an 8 months term position from May 2021 to Dec 2021 to join our diverse and experienced team.
This position is based out of the SNC-Lavalin office in Regina located at 1911 Truesdale Drive and our lab located at 1351 McAra Street.
In this position you will work as a key member of the Geoscience and Infrastructure team located in Regina, Saskatchewan. The successful candidate(s) will be mentored by a variety of highly specialized transportation professionals and will gain valuable experience in the transportation/infrastructure consulting industry working for a variety of clients.
This Co-op position will provide comprehensive training in health and safety as well as performing materials testing on various construction materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting, and teamwork. This position requires significant field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting, but will also provide opportunity to work in a centralized setting in our Regina laboratory and office.
This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills that you will need as a field technologist, specifically the application of material properties in construction.
This is the Co-op position that you want! Don’t miss out; apply today for one of the best opportunities of 2021.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregates, concrete, etc.
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer
- Quantity tracking and quality assurance monitoring as a field checker on surfacing projects
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Travel to various worksites across Saskatchewan (and possibly out-of-province) as required
- Work in our central laboratory as required, which may include duties such as materials testing, sample preparation, and cleaning/maintenance of equipment
- Participation in our health and safety programs
- Completion of required project documentation, including assistance with project close-out
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs
What will you contribute?
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- A good understanding of MS Office
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Saskatchewan, with the potential for out-of-province work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions–including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance–to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs