Entry Level Project Controls Specialist
Entry Level Project Controls Specialist
Entry-Level Project Controls Specialist
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Entry-Level Project Controls Specialist is an integral part of our team that provides project management support to many projects across the program site. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Primary functions include estimating costs and cost tracking, assisting with scheduling, tracking milestones and deliverables, and coordinating with project sponsors.
- Perform project controls oversight and integration.
- Participates in and organizes meetings to identify project goals, gains consensus on project steps, schedule and implementation procedures and estimates project costs; fosters cooperation and involvement from team.
- Financial data collection and preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual project status reports as requested by individual sponsors
- Financial status and projection updates
- Status of current deliverables and tasks
- Estimates of ongoing/future deliverables and tasks
- Information on any issues or risks associated with timely completion
- Updates on meetings and/or trips relevant to the success of the project
- Lead and/or participate in teleconferences with sponsors to discuss status, updates, financial status, issues, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in weekly meetings with internal PI’s and other project team members to assess schedule progress and status on deliverables.
- Work closely with division finance officer to track spending and ensure the projects are on target
- Managing project subcontracts for students and other subcontractors including providing funding estimates tracking end dates and incremental funding end dates to ensure no lapse
- Advise on appropriate ways to manage spending and providing insight on general project management techniques that can improve the effectiveness of the overall management of the project
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred in engineering, business administration, accounting or finance
- Requires at least 1-2 years of solid experience in project controls, project management, or similar experience
- Direct work experience on large construction contracts is preferred
- Experience working within the Dept of Energy Complex a plus
- Experience with project controls and reporting systems in use at other DOE projects is a plus
- Working-level knowledge of P6 is a plus.
- Must be able to interface with government program representatives on high-level technical and project issues.
- Ability to successfully make quick decisions and meet goals while working under severe time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to be creative with a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of process equipment design software and Microsoft Office
- Detailed knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application
- Detailed knowledge of industry codes and regulations
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs