Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Water Resources Group as a Water Resources Engineer (EIT).
Under supervision, performs routine engineering work while developing professional proficiency. On design assignments, works to learn how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving investigations and planning, works to learn the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems. On assignments involving construction activities, works to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs hydrologic and hydraulic engineering design and analysis. Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches and utilizes fluid mechanics principals in preparing construction plans and specifications. Develops technical drainage studies and watershed master plans, impact studies for development and roadway projects, utilizing programs such as ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-RAS 2D, FLO-2D, FlowMaster, StormCAD, and AutoCAD.
- Involved on projects related to flood control design, roadway drainage design, watershed management, stormwater master-planning, and FEMA map revision studies.
- Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations which may include the following:
- Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Prepares assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional.
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepares material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- In addition to the tasks listed above, the applicant will also complete and/ or assist senior engineers with other various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. These projects may include, but are not limited to, flood control planning and design, watershed master plans, and transportation drainage plans.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Civil Engineering. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a Civil Engineering (preferably Water Resources); no experience required with a Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. PC and CAD skills required.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles