Environmental Assessment Professional
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin Environment and Geoscience (E&G) is the environmental division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. - a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do.
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Construction Environmental Management and Planning, Waste Management, Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
SNC-Lavalin Inc., Environment & Geoscience (E&G) is seeking an Environmental Assessment Professional with consulting experience and established client relationships, to play a key role in growing our business in Western Canada. The ideal candidate will have technical and project management experience coordinating multi-disciplinary environmental assessments. The role may include a field component including project site visits / inspections, and liaison with clients and/or regulators.
- Project Manager of environmental programs and projects to achieve client, project or service objectives.
- Primary interface providing direction to multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants on regulatory and permitting strategies for a variety of industry sectors.
- Acting as a resource on Environmental Assessment (EA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) projects, including preparation and review of technical reports.
- Lead or support the development of the EA and EIA business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting business development initiatives.
- Preparation and review of proposals
- Liaison with clients, Indigenous communities, stakeholders and regulatory agencies to ensure project permitting is advanced
- Ensuring technical quality of work including review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Provide guidance, training and direction to junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work
- Build, establish and maintain relationships with government, regulatory agencies and client groups
- University degree or diploma in environmental science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience focusing on environmental assessment or planning projects and regulatory permitting in BC.
- Proven knowledge of environmental permit, approval and compliance requirements including B.C. Environmental Assessment Act and Canadian Impact Assessment Act.
- Experienced in environmental management of infrastructure developments, working with engineering teams during the proposal phase or project design/development, and throughout the project lifecycle as a consultant.
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures
- Proven track record building and developing client relationships.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.