Environmental Assessment Professional Junior
E&G offers consulting services in the following areas: Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
The Impact Assessment and Community Engagement (IACE) division is seeking an Environmental Assessment Professional to provide team support and technical expertise to our growing team in British Columbia. While our preference would be to have the position based in the Lower Mainland, the opportunity exists for it to be based in one of our other BC Offices (Victoria, Nanaimo, Kelowna, Cranbrook, Nelson, Trail, Fort St. John, Prince George or Terrace).
- Support the growth of the Environmental Assessment business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting the development of proposals.
- Acting as the resource on projects requiring an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) supporting: the preparation of regulatory approval and permitting applications; and the preparation of environmental protection and mitigation plans in concert with discipline specialists (e.g., biologists)
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with government and regulatory agencies.
- Provide guidance, training and direction to more junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work.
- University degree or diploma in environmental science or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience focusing on environmental assessments.
- Eligibility for a professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.) would be an asset.
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal environmental legislation, as well as National Energy Board and BC Oil and Gas Commission regulatory processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures.
- Experience with community engagement activities to support environmental assessment processes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com