SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. We are looking to recruit environmental consultants to support the growth of infrastructure projects primarily in the rail, highways, energy and water sectors in the UK, with significant opportunities overseas, also support our cross-sector global campaign, Engineering Net Zero.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career to the next level in a fast paced and exciting industry. You will join a team of over 30 EIA, environmental and sustainability coordinators located across the UK supporting key clients including Network Rail, Highways England, Local Authorities, HS2, Transport for London, and Thames Water. There will also be opportunity to work on international projects for a diverse array of public and private clients. The successful applicant should be stimulated by fresh challenges and seek to surmount them in a practical way.
You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, help to coordinate EIAs, develop Environmental Management Plans and undertake environmental auditing for the design and construction phases of projects. There are also opportunities to work on sustainability projects being championed by our business. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an environmental or related science discipline and have a broad understanding of all the technical specialisms required in environmental management of major projects.
We offer ongoing career development through a portfolio of training and development activities and mentoring support designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
- Coordination and delivery of environmental and sustainability work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including EIA, options appraisals, environmental auditing and environmental management.
- Support the team in implementing digital tools within environmental assessment and management.
- Work as part of a project team to influence project development to deliver optimal environmental and sustainability outcomes.
- Collate and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, on time and to budget.
- Able to manage clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Support on bid preparation and business development as required.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute and work towards becoming chartered.
- Some previous consultancy experience is required.
- Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject.
- Knowledge of the EIA process and environmental technical specialisms.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
What we offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to conventional full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you perform to the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving Chartership via relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package .
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Sciences - multidiscipline
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a
Sciences - multidiscipline
Environment & geoscience
We have a great opportunity for a dynamic and motivated individual with one to two years’ experience in solid waste management to join our Waste and Resource Management team in Epsom, Bristol, Birming
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs