Environmental Permits & Approvals Coordinator
Environmental Permits & Approvals Coordinator
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Permits & Approvals Coordinator to work as a part of the Trillium Project Systems team. Reporting to the Environmental Manager, the incumbent will promote positive environmental awareness with the design and construction team to drive sustainability and environmental performance. For example, provide guidance to project team in the adoption of environmental best management practices and regulations, implement and manage Environmental Management System.
- Promote positive environmental awareness with the design and construction team to drive sustainability and environmental performance. For example, provide guidance to project team in the adoption of environmental best management practices and regulations, implement and manage Environmental Management System;
- Obtaining required environmental permits, licenses and approvals and ensure compliance throughout the construction period;
- Assisting with internal communication to confirm that the requirements, terms and conditions of such approvals, authorizations and permits are understood by relevant personnel;
- Monitoring the implementation of the environmental aspects of the work to ensure compliance with commitments set out in the Environmental Assessments throughout the Construction Period. Daily tasks will include overseeing inspection and monitoring programs ensuring compliance with Environmental Guideline Documents, Environmental Law and any applicable Permits, Licenses, Approvals and Authorizations;
- Develop and update Environmental Management Plans such as but not limited to an Erosion and Control Plan, Hazardous Material Plan, Water Discharge Plan;
- Maintaining ongoing dialog with agencies during the permit application processing period to confirm that design proposals are understood and to coordinate through the City Representative as appropriate, any required responses to agency questions and concerns to avoid unnecessary delays;
- Maintaining the Environmental Permits, Licences, Approvals and Authorizations Ledger (PLAA) for tracking and auditing purposes, with transfer of associated information to monthly and annual compliance reports;
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with the Environmental Manager, DB Director, the City of Ottawa and any other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensuring environmental issues are addressed and requirements are met in accordance with the Environmental Approvals and the Project Agreement;
- Assist in all reporting requirements and the EMS continual improvement process;
- Overseeing environmental inspection reports and working with the Environmental Inspector to resolve issued identified on the Construction site;
- Logging and tracking environmental compliance, aspects and obligations as per the EMS and the Project Agreement;
- Provide environmental orientation as required to all personnel; and
- Work with construction site personnel to implement environmental designs and manage environmental impacts and monitor all activities;
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience on multidiscipline, large scale projects or equivalent
- A diploma from a recognized college or degree from a recognized university with specialization in environmental studies, or related discipline. Knowledge of environmental legislative requirements.
- Experience with contaminated soil management
- Knowledge of environmental legislative requirements.
- Experience working with stakeholders.
- Experience obtaining environmental approvals, dealing with regulatory authorities and meeting environmental compliance obligations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of the scope of infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of main project management processes
- Knowledge of ISO 140001 standards
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Systematic and structured thinking skills
- Ability to work independently on the assigned tasks, and as part of a larger team in achieving project goals
- Environmental degree preferably specializing in construction management and project controls
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs