Environmental Project Coordinator
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Inc., Environment & Geoscience (E&G) is seeking a Environmental Project Coordinator to lead Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Environmental Management projects for a variety of clients.
Based out of our Burnaby office, the main purpose of the position includes, but is not limited to, providing project coordination support of various projects. In addition, the position will provide mentoring to staff and participate in business development initiatives. The role may include a field component including project site visits / inspections, safety audits and liaison with clients and/or regulators.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Act as a key resource and client contact for diverse set of EIA, environmental management, and permitting projects
- Support and prepare environmental permit application submissions and regulatory review process
- Plan, Prepare and review environmental protection and mitigation plans
- Prepare, review technical reports associated with regulatory approvals or compliance requirements
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Ensure technical quality of work including field methodology and review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Mentor, provide guidance, training and direction to intermediate junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work
- Establish, maintain relationships, liaison with clients, First Nations, stakeholders and regulatory agencies to ensure project permitting is advanced
What will you contribute?
- University degree or diploma in Environmental Science or related studies
- Has obtained, or is eligible for, a professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.)
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience focusing on environmental assessment, management or planning projects
- Previous consulting experience is required
- Proven knowledge of provincial and federal impact assessment legislation and regulatory process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to write and/or review complex studies and reports
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures
- Demonstrated professionalism and commitment to continuous improvement
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven knowledge of environmental permit, approval and compliance requirements (e.g., BCEAA, IAA, WSA, Fisheries Act, SARA, DAS, PER and others)
- Experience with community engagement activities to support environmental assessment process
- Proven track record developing client relationships
- MS Office skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
- Safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com