Environmental Project Coordinator
Environmental Project Coordinator
Environmental Project Coordinator/Project Manager
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Inc., Environment & Geoscience (E&G) is seeking a Project Coordinator (or Project Manager) on a full-time basis. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to lead Environmental Management projects primarily in support of a specific client portfolio. The location of this position could be flexible but ideally would be in one of our Burnaby or Vancouver offices.
The main purpose of the position includes, but is not limited to, providing project coordination/management support of various projects. In addition, the position could provide mentoring to staff. The role may include a field component including project site visits / inspections, safety audits and liaison with clients and/or regulators.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Act as a key resource and client contact for environmental management projects (full and partial project life-cycle)
- Project Coordination/management of multiple small to medium projects.
- Support and prepare environmental permit application submissions and regulatory review process.
- Plan, prepare and review environmental protection and mitigation plans
- Prepare, review technical reports associated with regulatory approvals or compliance requirements
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Budget tracking/management
- Ensure technical quality of work including field methodology and review of client deliverables (proposals, reports and mapping)
- Mentor, provide guidance, training and direction to intermediate/ junior staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams
- Establish, maintain relationships, liaison with clients, First Nations, stakeholders and regulatory agencies to ensure project permitting is advanced.
Please note that periodic field work may be required for this position.
What will you contribute?
- University degree or diploma in environmental science or related studies
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience focusing on environmental management or planning projects.
- Previous consulting experience
- Has obtained, or is eligible for, a professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Ag.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to write and/or review complex studies and reports
- Experience coordinating/managing projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental mitigation and protection planning measures
- Experience working on construction projects
- Demonstrated professionalism and commitment to continuous improvement
- Recognized ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven knowledge of environmental permit, approval and compliance requirements (e.g., WSA, Fisheries Act, SARA, DAS, PER, BCEAA, IAA, and others).
- Proven track record developing client relationships
- Experience with community engagement activities to support environmental assessment process an asset
- Environmental auditing certification or experience an asset
- Experience on BC Hydro projects an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs