Environmental Project Engineer
Environmental Project Engineer
Environmental Project Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Environment & Geoscience is the environmental line of business within SNC-Lavalin Inc. - a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide. Open the door to a world of opportunities: www.snclavalin.com.
SNC-Lavalin offers consulting services in the following areas: Site Assessment and Remediation, Impact Assessment and Community Engagement, Highways and Bridges, Geo-environment and Materials, Hydrogeology, Water Resources and Risk Assessment, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous pension program and an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on Health and Safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals across the globe.
As a result of growth and internal opportunities, SNC-Lavalin is seeking an experienced and career oriented Environmental Project Scientist with technical and project management capabilities for our Fort St. John office.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Set and maintain project schedules, health and safety plans and program budgets; making decisions with respect to overall technical execution of the project; liaising with technical specialists, field personnel or other project managers to ensure the technical integrity of the project.
- Provide management and technical expertise for contaminated site investigation and remediation programs.
- Interpret findings and prepare and/or review technical reports.
- Provide supervision or mentorship to junior professional staff involved in carrying out field programs, ensuring project requirements are communicated and health and safety protocols are adhered to.
- Conduct or participate in yearly performance evaluations of assigned staff.
- Actively promote Health and Safety programs and culture.
- Participate in business development activities, maintaining client relationships and preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Work as a team in all areas of the Environment and in other regions as opportunities arise.
- Review and ensure billing memos/invoices are accurate and issued monthly.
- Participate in short and long range planning within assigned clients group or offices.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Sciences with eligibility for professional designation (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geol., P. Ag, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience encompassing project coordination and/or management, staff training and supervision, and contractor supervision with emphasis in the areas of contaminated site investigation and remediation.
- Experience in preparation and review of Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs including design and execution of soil, groundwater and vapour phase investigation programs, interpretation of hydrogeological and geochemical data, monitoring studies, Phase III remedial plan design and implementation and execution, report writing and review, and interpretation of provincial and federal environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial experience as well as a commitment to excellent health & safety practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proven technical report writing skills, and an ability to multi-task as well as being organized and detail oriented.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Work-life balance and vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs