This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Environment & Geoscience business unit of SNC-Lavalin Inc. is a rapidly growing full-service consulting group that is dedicated to responding to the changing needs of our clients. We are committed to providing solutions driven environmental services to assist clients in planning, managing and conducting their projects. Our growing organization is seeking like-minded individuals to join our multi-disciplinary team.
SNC-Lavalin offers consulting services in the following areas: Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Reclamation, Hydrogeology and Water Resources, Geotechnical, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, and Waste Management.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement savings program and an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
We have a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, and our team is committed to providing solution driven environmental services to help our clients in planning, managing, and conducting their projects. Our growing organization needs motivated people to help us continue to grow, while maintaining the quality results our clients have come to expect.
SNC Lavalin is looking for a career-oriented, Entry-Level Environmental professional to join our growing team serving our client throughout western Canada.
- Supervising and directing drilling, excavation and other contractors
- Collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment and soil vapour samples
- Conducting site monitoring and surveying of varying complexity
- Support Emergency Responses Projects
- Documenting field activities and data
- Compiling, processing and presenting field data in tables, figures and plans
- Analyzing data following standard methods
- Assisting in technical report and proposal preparation
- Participating and implementing Health and Safety programs
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Earth Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology or equivalent
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation related field
- Ability to obtain professional designation
- Self-motivated, high energy, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time and multiple projects appropriately
- Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision and/or as a member of a team
- Capable of understanding and appropriately applying prescribed safety and technical protocols
- Willing to undertake field work year-round and travel throughout Western Canada, sometimes for extended periods
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong communication (verbal communication and writing) skills
- Valid driver’s license
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs