Estimating & Budgeting Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Estimating & Budgeting Manager
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Develop and implement a program level Cost & Budget Delivery Plan
- Define the guidelines for preparation of the project pricing documents and BOQs according to international standards
- Leading Development of the cost breakdown structure required for management and reporting for both Programme budgets and costs
- Leading Development of the Programme Master Budget database
- Develop cost reporting structure
- Oversee and/or interrogate design options and ‘value’ solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles
- Provide a high-level peer review of Master Plan Cost Plan throughout design development in collaboration with the appointed Cost Consultant.
- Convene cost and commercial meetings with Project Managers/Lead Consultants/Cost Consultants to discuss/report progress/key issues as they affect the project. Record Minutes of Meetings and distribute with actions. Follow up on actions.
- Assist Project Management and Technical teams with advice and support for program issues
- Support the bidding process, including the preparation of cost and rate reviews.
- Liaise with project support functions such as finance, to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions
- Lead the commercial support for risk management
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and cost/budget management processes
- Ensure best practice commercial standards are established and promoted across the program
- Ensure adherence to SNC Lavalin internal governance processes across the project(s)
- Support the management of cost including liaising with internal/external consultants
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required.
- Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential
- Experience Required
- 10 years within a Quantity Surveying/Estimating/Budgeting Role
- Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or working towards professional qualification (MRICS)
- Significant experience (10 years) in a Quantity Surveying/Estimating/Budgeting role
- Experience of working in KSA
- Good communicator at all levels with an analytical mind
- Commensurate IT skills
- Core Competencies
- Estimating & Budgeting Management and Reporting
- Claims and Dispute resolution
- Financial auditing
- Cost information database
- Research and development of cost
- Feasibility studies
- Life cycle costs
- Project management
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants