Why join us?
Join us in Atlanta, GA. We seek a professional Estimator with a minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in transportation projects. Be a part of a great team on an important program! This position is currently remote.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepares and reviews material take offs from planning documents or engineering drawings
- Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems
- Serves as primary point of contact for project estimating and liaises with the contractors, design consultants, and project managers
- Prepares conceptual and comparative estimates from preliminary sketches and design documents
- Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes
- Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of the processes
- Maintains and updates data library of estimates
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities
- Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems. Creates and presents reports to upper management
- Provides support to the Project management team
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 5 years experience estimating transportation projects including sidewalks, streetscapes, intersection improvements or bridge and/or roadway improvements or comparable work.
- Strong hands on experience with MS Office tools
- Knowledge of industry-standard unit pricing models, preferably specific to State of Georgia transportation.
- Negotiation experience with Contractors and design consultants
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with peers, management
- Highly organized and ability to process multiple estimate reviews in parallel
- Some experience in contract administration
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs