Our team in Canada is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience within the Nuclear and Energy we would like to connect with you. The successful candidate will prepare cost estimates for specific disciplines and provide business support to senior staff as directed. This position will be based out of our project client site in Chalk River, must be flexible to travel as needed. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Analyzes drawings and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
• Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information for databases, contractors, suppliers, etc to utilize in estimates.
• Inputs estimate take-off information for specific discipline and develops unit cost pricing.
• Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope preparation of estimate.
• Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
• Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner.
• Maintains and updates data library of costs.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
• Prepares such other duties as supervisor deems necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience
• 4+ years of estimating experience
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of commercially available construction cost estimating system.
• Working knowledge of electronic take-off including CAD Measure.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• A professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, or any appraisal or real estate licensure is preferred.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval because of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.