As a multi-disciplined organization, we can undertake every stage of mining project development from scoping studies and metallurgical test work, to feasibility analysis and final design, to construction and commissioning. We have carried out over 350 projects worldwide in the fields of alumina / aluminum, copper, gold, diamonds, zinc, potash, iron ore and nickel including some of the largest projects ever undertaken in the industry.
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare comprehensive estimating plans and basis of estimate documents;
- Develop capital cost estimates for all classes of estimates including; Order of Magnitude, Pre-Feasibility, Feasibility and Definitive type estimates;
- Be capable of multidisciplinary estimating;
- Develop labour rates and productivity factors;
- Assess contractor and vendor bid/pricing including performing check estimate evaluations;
- Knowledge of work breakdown and commodity coding structures;
- Changes management principles;
- Conduct trending analysis;
- Contingency and Risk assessment;
- Work in an integrated and multidisciplinary team environment;
- Manage and manipulate large sets of data;
- Be highly organized and multitasking;
- A minimum of 10 years experience as an estimator on mining and metallurgy projects;
- Ability to handle large-scale projects ($100 Million to several Billion);
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques;
- Advance knowledge and experience with computer estimating software;
- Completion of a two or three-year college program in engineering or construction or any other combination of work and education;
- Willing to travel as required.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.