Why join us?
As a Site-Estimator, based in Sudbury, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all estimating mandates on one of Canada’s largest mining revamp projects for one of the worlds largest mining companies. This role will offer the opportunity to work directly with our Client in a dynamic and hands-on environment to develop, validate and assimilate capital cost estimates. Reporting directly to the Project Director and Manager of Estimating for North America this role will provide significant opportunities for growth and development.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Bring a minimum of 5 years experience developing capital cost estimates for mining projects;
- Conduct contractor bid analysis including but not limited to; direct and indirect cost analysis, unit rate validation, and GAP analysis;
- Provide feedback to the Project Team regarding contractor bid analysis to support contractor selection and recommendations for new and on-going work;
- Familiar with all classes of estimate preparation including; Order of Magnitude, Prefeasibility, Feasibility and Definitive type estimates as outlined by AACEI;
- Demonstrated experience with ACCEI estimating methodologies and techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to perform multidisciplinary estimating;
- Keen sense of unit rate, labour rates and productivity factor development;
- Knowledge of estimating structures and coding including work breakdown structure (WBS), commodity coding (CRC), discipline, and construction and engineering work packages (C/EWP’s);
- Knowledge of change management principles and processes including Design Change Notices (DCN’s) and Project Change Notices (PCN’s);
- Conduct trending analysis to previous stage gate estimates and/or budget vs. bid analysis with an ability to cipher information from a detailed level to a higher level suitable for discussion;
- Familiar with contingency assessment;
- Manage and manipulate small to large sets of data frequently and with ease;
- Preparation of comprehensive Estimating Plans and Basis of Estimate documents considered an asset;
- Exposure with Sustaining Capital and/or Closure Estimating considered an asset;
- Probabilistic (@Risk) contingency assessment considered an asset.
What will you contribute?
- Successful completion of engineering four-year degree, college diploma or equivalent technical program;
- An excellent understanding of MS Office;
- Solid written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety;
- Ability to work on project/construction site;
- Be highly organized and multitasking
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in an integrated team environment;
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Assignment conditions
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com