Estimator / Senior Estimator (Nuclear New Build)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Our talent and capability within the Nuclear Sector is highly recognised, and being involved in a new generation of UK Nuclear Power Stations means that we are now looking for Estimators of all levels within the Industry Sector as part of our Commercial team to support our Clients project teams working on Nuclear New Build programmes.
This position covers projects in the West Region and will involve being based from our network of offices, client offices and sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right people with an appropriate background in the Industry sector, which will ideally be in nuclear, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, infrastructure or manufacturing, to take their career to the next level.
We are looking for Estimators to:
- Integrate with and provide an estimating role to multi-disciplined project teams.
- Ensure the implementation of the client’s estimating procedures.
- Review, evaluate, validate and report on existing estimates for projects.
- Assist in risk and opportunity exercises and reviews.
- Support Value Management exercises.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Assistant Estimators under their control.
To join us, you will have:
- Minimum of HNC/HND diploma or degree in a cost or engineering related discipline or be qualified by experience.
- Full membership of the RICS / CICES / IOB / ACostE or equivalent professional body is desirable.
- Working knowledge of the estimating process and a good understanding of the requirements to produce a project Estimate and Basis of Estimate.
- An analytical bias with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and engineering drawings of varying complexity.
- Ability to co-ordinate disparate information into a coherent estimate.
- Familiarity with recognised methods of measurement.
- Familiarity with WBS/CBS.
- Appreciation of engineering, licensing, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning processes.
- Understanding of and experience in a nuclear / oil and gas / petro-chemical / pharmaceutical / infrastructure / manufacturing sector.
- Skills to act as deputy to Senior Estimators.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
- Knowledge of construction management and project management.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills and a working knowledge of other MS Office products, experienced in the use of Estimating software packages. Working knowledge of SAP would be desirable.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Rewards & Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.