Estimator/Senior Estimator- Rail & Civils
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you will benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are seeking to recruit a Rail Systems Estimator working as part of our Transportation Sector team to support a variety of projects in the rail sector in the London and the South East. This business sector involves working on high value, strategically important projects which are high profile within the client’s organisation. The successful candidate will be producing estimates ranging from feasibility to tender estimates. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience in the Rail sector.
• Produce accurate estimates for large scale projects and programmes
• Measurement in support of estimate or BoQ production
• Capture project cost data in F+G’s rate database
• Support and promote estimating good practice within F+G
• Work as part of a team, occasionally managing junior resource where required
• Plan, organise and control own workload
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients
• Proven rail systems estimating experience in large multidisciplinary projects
• General rail infrastructure estimating capability
• Knowledge and understanding of the GRIP or Pathway life cycles and respective estimating requirements
• Understanding of cost components and methods of measurement
• Experienced in utilising estimating a software system
• Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment processes.
• Broad understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly NEC
• Flexibility on being office or site based
• Preferred degree in quantity surveying or associated construction field
• Desirable membership of RICS / CIOB /A. Cost E
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.