Executive Personal Assistant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Personal Assistant who can provide professional and proactive support to the Programme Director who has responsibility for Faithful + Gould’s KSA business.
This vacancy represents a rare opportunity to join Faithful+Gould in a high profile role as a professional first point of contact internally and externally. Based in the Riyadh office, the role will involve actively liaising with the senior management team across our professional consultancy business, so excellent interpersonal skills and strong organization skills are essential.
This is a key appointment within our business so we are therefore looking for a professional and flexible individual who is able to meet the following requirements:
- Sufficient and appropriate experience in an Executive PA role at a similar level
- Exceptional client liaison skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Visio PowerPoint and Outlook and a strong awareness of IT technology available
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Well organized with a methodical approach to day to day activities
- Ability to manage a fluctuating workload and maintain a calm dispositions at times when working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple diaries
- A positive and team oriented outlook
- Ability to lead by example and share best practice with peers
- Experience or understanding of the Construction/ Engineering industry would be advantageous, however not essential
- Keen to learn and continue developing
- Ability to push back to “protect” the Country Director
- Actively broaden experience and expertise in line with the core competencies
- Ability to take minutes
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include :Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when suitable or directing to appropriate teams
- Being the first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization regularly liaising with clients, suppliers and other colleagues at all levels
- Organising, attending, recording and distributing minutes of meetings
- Keeping an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the PD and maintaining an efficient retrieval system/ process
- Successfully working with senior management and collaborating with colleagues from across the Group
- Creating and overseeing the production of PD’s documents, letters, briefing papers, reports and presentations; demonstrating excellent literacy proficiency, particularly spelling and the correct use of punctuation and grammar
- Proof-reading documents to check they are complete and accurate
- Compiling, copying and distributing documentation
- Efficiently maintaining the PD’s reporting timetable and diary and arranging appointments and related requirements
- Conducting regular meetings with the PD to review and discuss upcoming events and other request
- Developing your understanding of the organisation’s Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work
- Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members
- Completely communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with F+G’s values
Build relationship with client’s PA
- Substantive experience having progressed through demonstrating your established knowledge and understanding of business administration, and working with Senior Executives, excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to produce professional reports, minutes, briefing papers, documents and presentations
- Strong time management, planning/ organizing and presentation skills
- Good level of personal confidence and resilience
- Ability to lead/ manage
- Ability to manage workload and resources
- We developed communication, negotiation/ problem solving skills and ability to understand the needs of different stakeholders
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to business/ office/ site environments
- Confidence to proactively work unsupervised and on your own initiative
- Clear understanding of the importance of accuracy, and demonstrate this in all your work
- Excellent standard or proficiency in oral and written communication with strong attention to detail
- Sound understanding of the main components of Microsoft Office and other role related software package
- Experience in dealing with Senior Executives in the region
- Good understanding and practical application of customer service principles and practices
Commercial/ Strategic thinking
- Understanding of company financial management procedures
- Knowledge of the range of services provided by the company
- Familiarity and effective use of the organisation’s (company) Policies, and corporate systems and processes for delivering tasks
- Good understanding of the broader business including having an awareness of the strategic objectives.
Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
A high standard of education is required for this role including a recognized qualification in English and math and substantive experience in an administrative role.
Rewards & Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants