Expeditor / Subcontract Administrator
Why join us?
The federal government has chosen Joint Venture SNC-Lavalin PAE Inc. to augment national health preparedness efforts during the global COVID-19 pandemic with the design, delivery and construction of up to 10 mobile health units, each comprising 100 patient beds.
SNC-Lavalin PAE will collaborate with key medical, health and structure suppliers to deliver on the mandate.
As part of the Mobile Health Unit project, we are looking for a Junior Expeditor / Subcontract Administrator to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the procurement process for designated packages of materials, equipment and/or subcontracts required for the project
How will you contribute to the team?
- Administers assigned subcontracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, subcontract performance, subcontract administration and other major matters.
- Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of subcontract terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with subcontract requirements
- Negotiation of Change Orders and change issues with Subcontractors
- Ensure timely and accurate contractual correspondence
- Pricing of change and delay issues
- Identification and tracking of deliverables
- Maintaining excellent relationships with the owner, client, subcontractors and public
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regular subcontractor review meetings
- Payment administration
- Schedule monitoring
- Source suppliers and subcontractors, ensuring that the selected company is qualified to provide the material and/or service required and to the owner's satisfaction.
- Work with SNC-Lavalin PAE engineering consultants to ensure their commercial deliverables meet project/owner requirements.
- Administer Claims
- Other duties that may be delegated or required from time to time at the direction of the Procurement Manager.
What will you contribute?
- 1 to 3 years of practical experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience working within a medical, health and structural engineering environment and knowledge of the logistic processes by which the works will be undertaken would be a great advantage.
- Experience in subcontract administration and coordination.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Some experience preparing and issuing procurement documentation
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask.
- A dedicated team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Computer literate In Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com