Expression of Interest - Ship Maintenance Coordinator
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team will be looking for in the future Ship Maintenance Coordinators in our Dartmouth, NS office. Reporting to the SMC Supervisor, the Ship Maintenance Coordinator is responsible to perform in-service support of all day-to-day sub-contracted work onboard HMC Vessels to ensure the assigned level of operational readiness of each vessel. This includes deployments for docking work periods (DWPs), short notice deployments to foreign locations, and management and oversight of short work periods (SWPs). The SMC is responsible to complete all administrative tasks necessary to ensure MIS is current daily. The SMC is also responsible to ensure all SLDPI policies for quality, environment, health, and safety are adhered to by SLDPI personnel and service providers.
- Reports directly to the SMC Supervisor.
- Performs oversight of all day to day ISS work onboard assigned vessels, payloads, and service providers
- Responsible for quality of work, safe work practices, and regulatory compliance for OHS, environmental, and TDG activities
- Responsible to adhere to and follow corporate policies
- Responsible to assess risk to all ISS activities for assigned vessels and other tasks as directed
- Complete all necessary administrative activities required to properly initiate, monitor, track, and close assigned work. This includes completion of WEAFs, risk registers, RFPs, RFQs, compliance audits, and various reports
- Adhere to required standards to minimize company risk
- Communicate with QEHS specialists to ensure safe work practices
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the last five years in the maintenance of vessels to commercial or military standards and have at least one of the following qualifications (ISS Contract SOW, para 2.2.6):
- A former member of the RCN who served as a CPO in one of the technical trades including marine systems; marine electrician, hull technician; and CSE trades; or
- A Marine Systems Engineering Officer holding a Marine Engineering Certificate of Competency Part II or equivalent; or
- A civilian with a valid Certificate of Competency as a First Class Marine Engineer issued by the Canadian Ministry of Transport or international equivalent acceptable to Canada.
- Training in engineering roles is an asset
- Training in project management is an asset
- Training in senior leadership roles is an asset
- Training in management is an asset
TRAINING AND RELATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Training and experience in safe work practices including first aid, working at heights, confined space, personal protective equipment, LOTOTO, arc flash, WHMIS, etc.
- Supervisory, management, and leadership training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word / Excel / Outlook / Access / PowerPoint)
- Experience working with environmental policies and applications
- Strong understanding of DND procedures and maintenance requirements
- Working knowledge of marine industry regulations and Classification Society regulations (both commercial and military)
- Experience in managing projects (multiple activities)
- Experience working in ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 systems
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences