Facilities Design Delivery Manager
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a Facilities Design Delivery Manager to identify project objectives with the Delivery Manager and develop a strategy to achieve them.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams including track, mechanical, electrical, architectural, civil, comms, signaling, systems and structural disciplines.
- Track actions with each discipline lead for completion of design packages according with design schedule.
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters (technical and commercial) that could pose a potential technical/contractual/commercial risk to the project team to the Delivery Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Setting objectives, and defining tasks for the project design team Leads, and agreeing with Delivery Manager how risks will be dealt with as necessary.
- Actively managing the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Whilst monitoring and reporting performance against program, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process.
- Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors (internal and external).
- Assembling project delivery program and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to schedule information (monthly Board report, in a timely manner, as required internally or externally.
Registered Engineer/Architect or equivalent with demonstrable experience managing design commissions on large infrastructure projects, preferably rail.
Relevant experience in Rail projects, preferably in LRT facilities (stations and maintenance facilities).
Experience of managing design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques.
Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a larger multi-discipline team
Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes and the associated Information attributes that can be assigned and managed within the Model.
Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills.
Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written.
A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles