Facilities Management: Building Engineering Services and Maintenance Consultant
Faithful+Gould are a worldwide integrated project and programme management consultancy. Wherever in the world, we support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, projects and programmes. To name a few, our clients include Royal Mail Group, GSK, Roche, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Trust, Heathrow Airport Limited, Ministry of Justice and Houses of Parliament
We use our constructive expertise to provide strategic solutions throughout the asset lifecycle. Whether for buildings or for infrastructure, we are the trusted professional consultant of choice ensuring our clients’ assets fully contribute to the ambitions of the core business. This is specifically what our Strategic Facilities Management Consulting do – and they are expanding their team. Building upon our recent successes the Strategic Facilities Consulting team are looking for sharp, ambitious and client focused consultants to further develop our service and be part of our team helping to drive it into its next period of growth – it’s an exciting time and we want to hear from you.
Are we right for each other?
We are looking for a customer focused, experienced surveyor who is able to carry out and provide condition surveys, statutory maintenance audits and technical consultancy services to Clients.
We are looking for people who have operational, technical and commercial skills and experience in Building Engineering Services and Maintenance aspects of Facilities Management.
We are recruiting for Consultant and Senior Consultant levels and whilst the SAM team are predominantly based in London, this is not a pre-requisite and we are open to discussing flexible working options.
You will be responsible for:
- (Statutory) maintenance auditing and compliance;
- Asset surveying (capture, validation, assessment);
- Maintenance planning and optimisation
- Operational FM advice
- Contract auditing and compliance
You will also have an interest in:
- FM procurement and consultancy;
- Specification of services (Soft and Hard);
To join us you’ll:
- Be a member/fellow of RICS/BIFM/IFMA/CIPS/CIOB or similar qualification;
- Have a deep understanding of operational standards including statutory, mandatory and best practice industry standards for maintenance and building operation across a number of sectors;
- Be able to demonstrate experience and technical excellence in maintenance planning, optimisation and risk management;
- Have operational experience in the disciplines identified ;
- Be strongly analytical, with the ability to identify, define and articulate Client requirements and apply logical thinking to design and present solutions;
- Possess both strong technical, excel and report writing skills, with the ability to use these skills to meet the needs of our clients.
- Be a team player - you enjoy collaborative working and create a great framework for teams to work within. You publicly credit teams for high performance, anticipating problems and helping resolve conflict among colleagues or clients;
- Be forward looking and clearly understand your own role in fulfilling the wider goals of the business. You are able to “read” situations well, understanding and influencing the dynamics and drivers of relationships with colleagues and clients alike;
- Be a strong communicator and be confident in building rapport with external stakeholders across various levels of seniority, and gauge the need to adopt/flex a different approach when required.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles